The book 'I.C.S.E. Commercial Studies Part 1 for Class IX has been thoroughly revised and upgraded according to the latest syllabus prescribed by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination. New Delhi fee the I.C.S.E. examinations.
This book has been prepared keeping in mind the following aims :
1. To enable students to develop a perceptive, sensitive and critical response to the role of business in a global, national and local context.
2. To allow students to balance the demands of social parameters with individual aspirations.
3. To develop in students an appreciation for the roles of the entrepreneur and the professional manager.
4. To help develop a co-operative altitude through study of the organisation and participation associated with commerce and industry
5. To provide an appropriate body of knowledge and understanding, ard to develop appropriate skills as a basis for further study oe work or both.
Some of the special features of the book are :
• The book ii written in a simple and easy to understand language
• A large number of illustrations and tables have been given to facilitate understanding
• Summary at the end of each chapter will help students in quick revision before the examination.
• Issues of the environment have been discussed in detail.
• Short Answer and long Answer Type Questions are given at the end of every Chapter.
• Glossary is given to enhance conceptual clarity of the students.
• Project Work/Assignments have been given to help the student prepare for their final examinations.
• Model test Papers have been given for the students to prepare for the final examinations.