This book titled "Fundamentals of Information Technology for Class 10 [Subject Code: 402]" fulfills all the needs and requirements of the latest syllabus released by the CBSE and it also comprises the recommendations of the National Education Policy 2020 which focus on the development of critical thinking, life skills, problem solving skills, experiential learning, etc.
Salient features of this book are:
• As per the latest curriculum and examination pattern prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
• The book is divided into two sections:
~ Part A deals with Employability Skills with chapters on the units: Communication Skills - II, Self-Management Skills - II, ICT Skills - II, Entrepreneurial Skills - II, and Green Skills - II.
~ Part B deals with the Subject Specific Skills and consists of four units. These units are Digital Documentation (Advanced), Electronic Spreadsheet (Advanced), Database Management Systems, and Web Applications
~ The first three units of Part B are based on the MS Office suite of software. The version of this application used is MS Office 2010. These chapters of Part B respectively use MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access
Some of the features inside the chapters are:
• Chapter content which has been kept logical to meet the requirements of the tech-savvy students.
• Activity provides a useful way to check the knowledge given practically.
• Fact gives an interesting historical fact related to the matter.
• Did You Know? provides an interesting piece of knowledge to get them interested.
• Summary summarises the chapter at its end.
• Every chapter has its accompanying exercise. Also, each unit ends with its Question Bank consisting of
competency-based questions, very short, short, long questions, etc.
• Chapterwise video lectures are given for the students to understand better.
• In order to access videos, Download Merit Box Android App from the Play store. Scan the QR code given in the
chapter to watch the videos through the MERIT Box Android Mobile App.
• E-books (for teachers only}
Teacher's Resource Book
• Overview of the chapters • Lesson plan • Answers of the exercise
We hope that this book will meet the needs and requirements of the students and teachers as laid down in the
syllabus. Any suggestions for further improvement of the book will be most welcomed.